State President and Hon. Secretary's Message
Greetings from Office Bearers of Gujarat State Branch IMA.
‘IMA Dilli Chalo : Enough is Enough’ Movement held in the
National Capital was a Historical Success and witnessed a record participation of Doctors from across the Country.
‘IMA Dilli Chalo’ Movement was not a happy occasion. It was an Expression of the Pain and the Misery of the Medical Profession in the country.
We are sincerely thankful toAll the Members of Gujarat State Branch IMA for showing the Huge Support in Protest of 6th June ‘Chalo Dilli-Rajghat’.
We have been able to create the History in Delhi with the help of each and every member of Gujarat State Branch IMA who stood by the side of IMA.
6th June will be a memorable day in the history of IMA and will be observed as ‘IMASangharsh Day’ from now onwards.
The event had unprecedented attendance-
* Total view in IMAwebsite – 34,767
* Total webcast view in Facebook – 9,000
* PhysicalAttendance more than 10,000
* Petition Signed in IMAWebsite 65,277
* Over One Lac Doctor Members got connected to the movement.
Records in the Centenary year
1 Largest Rally
2 Largest Gathering inAny Non-Academic Event.
This was followed with Graded Protest Event (IMA Satyagrah, IMA Solidarity Day,
IMABlack Day, IMAProtest Day etc.)
‘Chalo Dilli-Rajghat’ has proven our strength as IMA One Voice Movement.
Now it is the time to strengthen the IMAOne Voice Movement.
All attendee of ‘Chalo Dilli-Rajghat’ Movement should become the IMA
BrandAmbassadors and speak out IMAall across the country.
About 250 Doctor Members and Medical Students from Gujarat State Branch
IMA have attended and remained active in ‘Chalo Dilli-Rajghat’ movement
with following demands:-
*Criminal prosecution of medical negligence and clerical errors is not acceptable
* Capping the compensation in CPAon doctors
* Professional autonomy in treatment and prescriptions
* Stringent central act against violence, Central anti-quackery law
* Amendments in PC PNDT, Central CEA, West Bengal CEAActs
* No unscientific mixing of systems of medicine
* Empower MBBS graduates
* One drug – One company – One price
* Implement inter- ministerial committee recommendations in six weeks
* Single window accountability
* Single window registration of doctors and medical establishments
* No to NMC:Amend IMC act to maintain professional autonomy
* Uniform final MBBS exam instead of ‘NEXT’
* Uniform service conditions for doctors & faculties
* IMAmembers must be in every government health committee
* Reimbursement of emergency services for private sector
* 25000 family medicine PG seats
* Aided hospitals and retainership in general practice
* Health budget of 5 % of GDPfor universal health coverage
All the 115 local branches have observed OPD Bandh successfully during 8 am to 2 pm on 6th June and did Dharna and handed over the Memorandum to local highest administrative authority.
We congratulate Our IMALeaders for showing such a Great Unity for the betterment of Medical Fraternity.
IMA (HQ) has decided to give ultimatum to the Authority up to 18th August to take positive decision in all our demands.
Dear Members, Greetings from Office Bearers of Gujarat State Branch IMA. 'IMA Dilli Chalo : Enough is Enough' Movement held in the National Capital was a Historical Success and witnessed a record participation of Doctors from across the Country. 'IMA Dilli Chalo' Movement was not a happy occasion. It was an E more ...
Dear Friends, Hope this Gujarat Medical Journal finds you in the best of your health and spirit. While this journal reaches to your hand, it might have completed year 2016 and year 2017 begins with a new Hope. May this New Year brings joy and prosperity in your life. Friends, as you all are aware that the who more ...